Saturday, September 15, 2007

30,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Everyone has fond memories from the time when they were growing up, i am no exception, i still remember anxiously anticipating the Library period in grade 4 (or was it 5 or 6? who cares, its from time when i was in school and a long way back) so that we can watch the movie 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, The movie was part of the corresponding book by author Jules Verne, which was part of our course in the English class. The book was about a crazy billionaire who goes by the name of Captain Nemo and his submarine Nautilus which was a city beneath the sea. It was an exceptionally well written book even by today's standards.

So come back to present time, i came across this movie 30,000 Leagues Under The Sea, it was supposed to be based on the book by Jules Verne, I instantly went back to my childhood memories and damn i HAD to see the movie, I had to convince my wife to sit with me and watch the movie (and make popcorns and bring the cans of Coke from fridge too). After watching the movie i

  1. Have deep respect for Pakistani movies and i truly believe that our industry does not make the crappiest movies on the face of this earth.
  2. Feel sorry for Jules Verne, he must be turning in his grave with agony.
I am angry and i am frustrated, both at the fact that this so called MOVIE literally RAPPED (excuse me for my choice of words) an exceptionally well written book, and secondly for all the taunts i had to hear from my wife (it was not easy going through the movie trust me)

For those of you who don't know anything about the book and want to learn and even for those who want to revisit their childhood memories i suggest you take a look at the following page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty_Thousand_Leagues_Under_the_Sea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

replicable fighting variables globes federal ncird pompous accounting networkarts fabian comprising
lolikneri havaqatsu